THOROUGH, CONFIDENTIAL AND OBJECTIVE ASHI INSPECTIONS
By a highly trained and a highly qualified Certified ASHI inspector, Licensed Maryland Home Inspector and Virginia Certified Home Inspector.
Our typical home inspection requires 3 to 4.5 hours depending on the size of the home, the clients concerns, any unusual findings and any special testing required. Home inspections are performed in accordance with the strict American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), standards of practice and code of ethics. This ensures that your home inspection is performed to a strict set of standards and a comprehensive ethical requirement which are accepted nationally and in Canada. Before the inspection an agreement and general information about each aspect of the home inspection is reviewed and approved by the client. Clients are not required to be present during the inspection but it is highly recommended for the benefit and education of the client to assist in making an informed decision. All major systems are inspected including but not limited to:
- Structural Systems – Foundation, Framing, Crawlspace, Attic
- Exterior – Wall coverings, Doors, Windows, Decks, Steps, Walkways, Driveways, Vegetation and Grading
- Roof System – Roof coverings, Drainage system, Chimneys, Skylights and other Roof penetrations
- Plumbing System – Interior water supply and distribution system, Faucets and drains, vents and flues, Water heating equipment, Fuel storage and distribution systems, Sumps
- Electrical System – Service entrance and conductors, cables and raceways, Over-current protection, Ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCI’s), Arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCI’s)
- Heating system – Heating equipment, Vents, Flues and Chimneys
- Air Conditioning System – Central and thru-the-wall equipment
- Interior – Walls, Ceilings, Floors, Doors, Windows
- Insulation and Ventilation – Insulation and Vapor retarders in unfinished spaces, Attic and Foundation ventilation
- Fireplaces and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances – System components, Vents, Flues, Chimneys
At the conclusion of the home inspection the findings are reviewed with the client and any questions or concerns are discussed at that time. An electronic report along with any necessary pictures are provided electronically with 24 hours. Free client telephone consultation is available as long as you own the home. The fee is expected at the end of the inspection unless other arrangements have been made. Checks or cash are accepted.